Wednesday, 12 June 2013

Sniff Sniff: Revlon Scented Perfume Nail Enamel in Raspberry Rupture Review

I bought this scented polish a while ago. At this time, the review might not even be relevant but I would like to share my opinions just the same.

Raspberry Rapture
Product name: Revlon Scented Perfume Nail Enamel. Shade: Raspberry Rupture. Product price: INR 150.
Product quantity: 8 ml.
Shelf life: Three years.

My thoughts: In the bottle, the nail paint looks raspberry pink with hints of blue undertone. On my fingers however, they appear a hotter pink and is not very flattering for my skin tone.



The packaging


The USP of these polishes are the scent. Once the paint starts drying, the nails start smelling nice and fruity (not fruity as in batty, but fruity as in 'of fruits'). The scent is a sweet raspberry scent and not too overpowering. You will only smell it when you bring your hand close to your face. Unless you are shoving your hand in someone's face (in which case the confrontation will be a highly confusing experience for the other party since raspberries and angry words don't really go well together), other people will not be able to smell the perfume.
The shade on the nails and in the bottle

 Now here is what steals the show for me, the smell lasts so very long. No matter how much you wash your hands, despite soaps, creams and unguents, the smell      stays put, like stink on a skunk, fortunately its not a stink and you are hopefully not a skunk.... imagine, my lone subscriber is a skunk who goes, "ahhhh here is the solution to all my stink problem" ... I digress.  So, the scent stays put for a good three days on me, after which it fades away. I realise that this is not the case with the other paints from this line, Raspberry Rapture has the longest lasting smell. So do a bit of online research before investing in a shade you like, all shades might not have as long lasting a scent.

Two coats

Application wise, this polish is a dream. While it is opaque in two coats, you could get away with a single coat if you were in a hurry. It is self-levelling and sets to a creme finish which I love. I general skip top coat since that subdues the scent a bit. I get minor tip wear from the second day but then again, that is normal for me without top coat. I have not worn it beyond three days since after the scent wears off, there is nothing special for me in the shade. Up to three days, till I remove it, I have no issues with the polish. It wears as well as the best of them. 

The Good and Bad and the Aby:

The Good: 
1. Easy to apply, sets to a gorgeous creme finish.
2. The novelty of being a scented nail polish .
3. Extremely long lasting scent (lasted three days on me).
4. No chipping up to three days, minor tip wear.

The Bad:
Since the polish is scented only when dry, you can't smell the bottle before buying and decide if you like the smell. Since smells are highly subjective, you may land up with a scent you don't care for.

The Aby Rant*:
The colour is unflattering on my skin tone and makes my hands appear very dark.

* Aby rant is my personal problems with the product, may not be a negative in general.

Dupe Alert: While the colour is nothing special and many brands offer such shades, I do not know of any other scented polish available in India. 
Overall verdict: I think it is a fun polish to have. While I do not love the colour, I like the idea behind the nail polish and would recommend you to give it a try.


UniquenessColour PayoffLongevityApplication EaseValueOverall Grade
44.5454.5A

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...