Monday, 1 July 2013

Baby blues: Lakme fast and fabulous nail paint in Misty Grey

I bought this polish for two reasons. The unique shape of the bottle really caught my eye and the color, oh the color.
Product name: Lakme Fast And Fabulous One Stroke Nail Color Misty Grey 34
Product price: INR 199.
Product quantity: 10 ml.
Shelf life: Three years.

My thoughts: In the bottle, the nail paint looks a pale pastel blue. I don't really see the grey in the name. Misty blue would have been more appropriate.
Packaging

Packaging




The paint dries pretty past (on the bottle it mentions 40 seconds; though I did not time the drying time, I though it was fairly quick). The problem with the polish is streaky application. I suppose that is common for pastel shades. You would need three to four coats for the nails to look nice and even.


Three coats on the nail


 Another peeve for me is the brush. Because the cap is rectangular and not round, I find it difficult to use. I do not know if it is just me or if every one has this problem.
However, problems aside, I think the final finish is lovely and chic and I love wearing this shade every now and then.


Final finish without top coat


The Good and Bad and the Aby:

The Good: 
1. Gorgeous creme finish.
2. Beautiful pastel shade.
3. No chipping up to three days, minor tip wear.

The Bad:
Streaky and uneven application in one coat. Needs patience of perfect application.

The Aby Rant*:
I am not a big fan of the square top which makes the brush unwieldy.

* Aby rant is my personal problems with the product, may not be a negative in general.

Dupe Alert: There are many brands which have similar shades. 


Overall verdict: I think it is a nice polish to have. However, if you have a similar color in a formula you like, you may skip this as I feel there are better formula in the market.


UniquenessColour PayoffLongevityApplication EaseValueOverall Grade
3.544.544A

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...