Monday, 1 July 2013

Nude nails: Colorbar Nail Polish in Flirty Mauve

Since I  work in a lab, I am always on the look out for neutral colours to wear when I have official meetings or presentations.

Product name: Colorbar Nail Polish Flirty Mauve 49
Product price: INR 110.
Product quantity: 9 ml.
Shelf life: Three years.

My thoughts: Flirty Mauve is a perfect nude polish for me. It is dirty mauve which leans towards a pale creamy brown in the bottle. When wet, I see the faintest silver shimmer in the polish which does not translate on the finished nails.


In the bottle

Three coats on the nail freshly applied
On second day, shade outdoor
On second day, shade indoor

The Good and Bad and the Aby:
The Good and Bad and the Aby:

UniquenessColour PayoffLongevityApplication EaseValueOverall Grade
444.54.54.5A


It is a lovely shade, not in your face and looks very elegant on the nails. I suppose it is a sort of no make-up look for your nails.


I like the paint formula as well. It is a bit runny, thin and self leveling. Application is a breeze. The paint goes opaque in about three coats and I get a decent wear time of about three days with minimum tip wear when worn without top coat.





The Good: 
1. Beautiful nude shade.
2. Super easy to apply.
3. No chipping up to five days, minor tip wear.

The Bad:
I don't really find any glaring con with this polish.

The Aby Rant*:
Personal rants? None, I adore this polish.

* Aby rant is my personal problems with the product, may not be a negative in general.

Dupe Alert: There are many brands which have similar shades. 


Overall verdict: I feel that this is a perfect addition to the nail polish collection of any woman who does not wish to compromise her love for nail paints for her job. I find the formula brilliant and the end result gorgeous.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...