Monday, 16 September 2013

Review of Gala of London Nail Polish in 617 Pearl: A favorite blue polsih

Gala of London is a brand I really like when it comes to nail polishes. They are super cheap, come in over 70 shades and are great for water marbling. They come in two different sizes, 7ml and 9 ml and the shade selection is different for the two different sizes. Today I will review a stunning shade from this brand.

Product name: Gala of London in 617 Pearl
Product price: INR 65-90 at local cosmetic stores.
Product quantity: 9 ml.
Shelf life: Not mentioned.

Gala of London 617 Pearl

Gala of London 617 Pearl

My thoughts: The shade 811 is a rich royal blue. It is a stunning color that looks fantastic on my nails. I love it for a pop of colors for an evening party of as a toe color. It sets to a lovely creme finish but needs a top coat for it to retain its shine. But at this price, hey who's complaining? It goes opaque in two coats and lasts about three days on my nails unless topped up with a top coat.  With a good top coat, I have worn it as a part of a water marble for five days.

In two coats

In two coats

The Good and Bad and the Aby:

The Good: 
1. Lovely shade
2. Works great in water marbling.
3. Opaque in two coats

The Bad:
1. Needs a top coat to maintain the glossy finish.
2. Needs a few minutes to become touch dry and then some more time to dry completely, otherwise it is prone to fabric marks.
3. May stain the nails slightly when worn without base coat.

The Aby Rant*:
None, I absolutely love the gorgeous pop of blue it gives on my fingers.

* Aby rant is my personal problems with the product, may not be a negative in general.

Overall verdict: A vibrant shade that is a steal at this price. Highly recommended.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...