Thursday, 7 November 2013

Catrice Ultimate Nail Lacquer - 16 George Blueney Review

I has a soft corner for fun names when it comes to buying makeup. Brands like Benefit and OPI do it so well. So, during my recent trip to Germany, when I came across a Catrice nail polish called George Blueney, I knew I had to pick it up - a gorgeous blue polish, the George Clooney reference, money in my wallet - it was a no-brainer really.

Product name: Catrice Ultimate Nail Lacquer 16 George Blueney

 Catrice Ultimate Nail Lacquer 16 George Blueney


roduct price: 2,79 Euro.
Product quantity: 10 ml.
Shelf life: Three years.

 Catrice Ultimate Nail Lacquer 16 George Blueney
 Catrice Ultimate Nail Lacquer 16 George Blueney in three coats

My thoughts: 16 George Blueney is a gorgeous midnight blue with silvery indigo shimmer. The shimmer particles give the polish a wonderful depth and complexity. Many dark blue nail polish tend to look a little flat and one dimensional, but not this one. 

Georgey Blueney in three coats
Considering how dark the polish is and how much I have heard about Catrice as a brand, I was expecting this to be a one-coater but that is not the case. You need two coats for an even application and I like the finish with three coats.

George Blueney on my nails
The polish takes a while to dry and the final finish is some what softer than OPI, China Glaze, Kiko or even p2. However, the polish wears well. I wore it for four days with minimal chipping and minor tip wear. On the toes, it fares even better. Another great thing about the polish is that despite being so dark, there is no staining, which by itself is a great pro for blue nail polishes.

 Catrice Ultimate Nail Lacquer 16 George Blueney
The Good and Bad and the Aby:

The Good: 
1. Non-staining
2. Beautiful color and finish.

The Bad:
The final finish feels a wee bit softer than other comparable brands.

The Aby Rant*:
I wish it was a tad more opaque. I was expecting a one-coater when I first saw the bottle.
* Aby rant is my personal problems with the product, may not be a negative in general.

Overall verdict:  Catrice Ultimate Nail Lacquer in 16 George Blueney is a lovely blue nail polish. I like the overall finish but I think it is dupeable. I am not blown away by the application ease. The first coat is rather streaky but a second coat takes care of the job. I absolutely adore the final look and think the subtle shimmer adds a depth to the polish. I think it is a wonderful color for the winter season. I also think it would make a fantastic toe color if you find it too dark for your hands.


What is you favourite blue nail polish? Have you tried Catrice? Do share in the comments below.



UniquenessColour PayoffLongevityApplication EaseValueOverall Grade
44444A


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...