Thursday, 21 November 2013

OPI Just Spotted the Lizard Nail Polish Review

OPI just spotted the lizard is a duochrome nail polish from The Amazing Spiderman Collection by OPI. It is the famous dupe of the Chanel Peridot and since I have been lusting after the shade, I bought it when I saw available online.
Product name: OPI Just Spotted the Lizard.
Product price: INR 670 online.
Product quantity: 15 ml.
Shelf life: Three years
OPI Just Spotted the Lizard

OPI Just Spotted the Lizard
My thoughts: In the bottle, the nail paint is a beautiful green gold duochrome that has some hints of blue in it. The duochrome effect does not translate as strong on the nails but it is visible nonetheless. The more curved your nails are, the better the duochrome effect shows up.
OPI Just Spotted the Lizard on my nails
One coat is a bit sheer but two coats give a nice finish. I like the finish with three coats on my nails. The formula is thin and watery and dries fast. However, because the formula is thin, you would need a ridge-filling base coat underneath it or any imperfections on your nails will show up. The polish is long lasting and the finish is nice. Overall, it performs like any average OPI polish.

I love how the color of the nail polish shifts from gold to golden green to yellowish gold with blue-green accents depending on the angle at which the light hits it. Though, I do think that the polish looks prettier in the bottle than on the nails. I wore it as an accent in the NOTD here.

OPI Just Spotted the Lizard with light hitting it at different angles

The Good and Bad and the Aby:

The Good: 
1. A gorgeous colour (a cheaper alternative to Chanel Peridot: see Dupe Alert).
2. A good quantity for the price.
3. Long wearing, minor tip wear from fourth day.

The Bad:
1. Thin formulation makes a base coat a necessity for uneven nails.

The Aby Rant*:
I wish the duochrome would show up as strongly on the nails as it does in the bottle.
* Aby rant is my personal problems with the product, may not be a negative in general.

Dupe Alert:
1. OPI Just spotted the lizard is a cheaper dupe of Chanel Peridot. From swatches I have seen online, they look quite similar.
2. Catrice Genius in a Bottle is a cheaper dupe of OPI Just spotted the lizard. Genius in a Bottle is more bronze where as Just spotted the lizard leans more towards gold.

Overall verdict: I know a lot of people do not like how this polish translates on the nails, but I like it. Sure it does not look as awesome on the nails as it does in the bottle but it looks awesome on the nails nonetheless. I like how the color shifts and I like the overall finish of the polish. For what it does, I think Catrice Genius in a bottle is more beautiful (and quite a bit cheaper) but if you are looking for a Peridot dupe, this one is a better bet.


Have you tried Just Spotted the Lizard? Do you like duochrome nail polish? Do share in the comments below.



UniquenessColour PayoffLongevityApplication EaseValueOverall Grade
544.544A


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...