Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Yves Rocher Matte Tri-tone Eyeshadow: 21 Brun Ambré

I am back after a rather long break. I have been active on my travel blog but have not been able to post on this blog for a while. Today's post is a review of an eyeshadow trio I have been reaching out a lot for lately - Yves Rocher Matte Eyeshadow Trio: 21 Brun Ambré

Product name:  Yves Rocher Matte Tri-tone Eyeshadow: 21 Brun Ambré
Quantity: 3 gm
Price: Rs. 1000
Where I bought it from: Yves Rocher Counter, Shopper's Stop, City Center Mall, Kolkata

Yves Rocher Matte Tri-tone Eyeshadow: 21 Brun Ambré
My Take on the product: The eyeshadow trio comes in a sturdy sleek back case. The lid has a transparent window through which the shades are easily visible. There is no mirror built in the case.

The packaging
21 Brun Ambré is a beautiful neutral palette with a deep taupy brown matte crease color, a warm brown mid-tone matte lid color and a pink-beige satin finish highlight shade. 

Add 21 Brun Ambré

21 Brun Ambré Swatches
In the swatch above, the mid-tone color seems a bid warmer/more orange than it is in real life. The photograph of the palette above is a truer representation of the mid-tone brown.


I also like the applicator provided in the palette. The dual-ended wand has two different shapes of applicator at the two end and that allows you to do the basic lip/liner/crease applications without having to carry brushes while travelling.

These have medium color payoff and apply evenly.The matte shades are silky and a pleasure to use and the highlighter is subtle and does its job wonderfully. Without a base, these wear for 6 hours on my lid. I haven't noticed any creasing while I have worn them. 

Over the last two months, I have been reaching for this palette a lot. It is a wonderful everyday neutral palette - one which is probably not as famous or blogged about as many other palettes but one that definitely deserved some spotlight. 

I would highly recommend this as a good, basic palette and I am eyeing a few more colors in this range -especially a dirty purple trio and an olive trio.

Have you tried Yves Rocher products? What is your favorite neutral eyeshadow palette? Do share in the comments below.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...