Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Budget Buy: Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick in Luv Me

This wedding season, it seemed like all my friends were getting married with a vengeance. Every Friday afternoon I would find myself running back from my Lab, grab a quick lunch, catch the first train out and head on home for a weekend of attending wedding parties. For the plates of delicious greasy food I knew I would consume at these events, I had to picked up a long-wearing matte lipstick. Because this was for evening wedding parties, I wanted to pick a dark red color. And because the lipstick had to be a dark red, I knew I wanted to pick up a budget option since I wouldn't wear this color around after the wedding fever was over. So the wide array of the Colorbar Velvet Matte range was a good option and I picked up a lovely deep pinky red shade - Luv Me.

Colorbar Luv Me

Product name: Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick: Luv Me
Product price: INR 275.
Product quantity: 4.2 ml.
Shelf life: Three years
My Take on the product: The lipstick is a lovely deep red on my skin tone and looks great at weddings if I wear traditional sarees.


Because it is a matte, you must prep your lips beforehand. After I exfoliate my lips, I usually follow the apply, blot, re-apply technique and top it of with a sheer brown gloss like the Maybelline Lip Pilish in Glam 16 (review coming soon) for added depth of color.



The color wears well and I have worn it through full-course meals with only minor fading. It can be removed only with a makeup remover. The one problem is that it stains the lips a deep pink and this stain is rather difficult to remove. I don't have a problem with the stain though since I don't wear this during the day. When I wear it for the evening parties, I put some oil on my lips after removing the lipstick with my make-up remover. I leave the oil on for a good amount of time and wipe away with a tissue and I am rid of the stain.

If you are looking for a budget long staying red lipstick to wear on occasions and if you are able to handle the staining that will surely follow wearing this lipstick, then I would recommend you to check out Colorbar Velvet Matte in Luv Me.

Have you tried any Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipsticks? Which is your favourite? Do share in the comments below.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...