Thursday, 6 March 2014

Maybelline Color Show Nail Enamel: 503 Denim Dash - Swatch and Review

Today I want to show you a gorgeous matte blue share from the Maybelline Colorshow range.
Product name: Maybelline Color Show Nail Enamel: 503 Denim Dash
Product price: INR 75
Product quantity:  6 ml.
Shelf life: Three years

Maybelline Color Show Nail Enamel 503 Denim Dash

Maybelline Color Show Nail Enamel 503 Denim Dash

My thoughts: In the bottle, the nail paint is a beautiful blue with silvery blue shimmer. Once applied on the nails, the paint sets to a lovely matte finish with light blue shimmer. Twue to its name, it gives a denim effect to the nails and I love this paint for it.

Maybelline Color Show Nail Enamel 503 Denim Dash

Maybelline Color Show Nail Enamel 503 Denim Dash

Maybelline Color Show Nail Enamel 503 Denim Dash
The formula is nicely pigmented and you could get away with a single coat but out of habit, I did two coats here for the swatch. It dries fast and the application is easy. The matte effect lasts on me for about two days after which the oils my fingers come in contact with turns the polish to a muted gloss. The shade lasts on me for about 3 days after which it starts to chip.

Maybelline Color Show Nail Enamel 503 Denim Dash in two coats

Maybelline Color Show Nail Enamel 503 Denim Dash in two coats

Maybelline Color Show Nail Enamel 503 Denim Dash in two coats
For this review, I wore this color for four days straight and after removing, my nails were stained blue and felt rather dry. I would strongly suggest wearing this over a base coat. Apart from this, I think it is a highly unusual color - a shimmer matte denim blue and I would highly recommend this shade to you all.

The Good and Bad and the Aby:

The Good: 
1. A gorgeous and unusual color
2. Very budget friendly.
3. Pigmented and fast drying.

The Bad:
1. The shade stains and dries the nails so I would recommend a base coat.

The Aby Rant*:
None. I love this polish.

* Aby rant is my personal problems with the product, may not be a negative in general.

Overall verdict: If you are looking for a matte blue, then this is a shade you must look into. I love how the shimmer adds a bit of depth to the matte polish. It is a vibrant yet wearable shade and is sure to make a statement.

Have you tried Maybelline Color Show Nail Enamels? Which is your favorite? Do share in the comments below.



UniquenessColour PayoffLongevityApplication EaseValueOverall Grade
55445A+


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...