Friday, 7 March 2014

Maybelline Lip Polish: First Impressions

This February saw a lot of great new budget lip products getting launched and I bought more lip products this month than ever before.I have already talked about my first impressions of the L'Oreal Shine Caresse and Rouge Caresse lip colors. Today, I want to share my initial impressions of another lip product that I feel is well worth the hype. It is the Maybelline Lip Polish and I bought two of these.
Product name: Maybelline Lip Polish
Quantity: 5 ml
Price: INR 450.

Maybelline Lip Polish in Shades Glam 5 and Glam 16
My take on the product: The first thing you'll notice about the Maybelline lip polish is the packaging. They look like lipsticks in a tansparent packaging but they twist open like a gloss. I love how cheeky the idea is.

Maybelline Lip Polish: Lipstick like packaging

Maybelline Lip Polish: Applicator wand
I picked up the shades Glam 5 and Glam 16. Glam 5 is a pinky mauve color with silver micro-shimmer. I find that I have been gravitating a lot towards such colors lately. Glam 16 on the other hand is a reddish brown color with golden micro-shimmer. The shimmer in both is quite fine though I fins the shimmer in Glam 5 is more subtle than Glam 16. The formula is similar for both.These Lip Polishes are balmy and hydrating and at the same time are very pigmented.I shall put up a detailed review with lip swatches and wear time of the shades I own. 

Maybelline Lip Polish: Liquid balm-like consistency

Maybelline Lip Polish Glam 16 and Glam 5 swatches
These are not sticky but at the same time they are very light weight. You will feel that the lip polish is there on your lips but at the same time, you will not feel uncomfortable that it's there, rather your lips will like it.

If you are looking for a hydrating, pigmented lip product, these newly launched Maybelline Lip Polishes are worth a look.


Have you tried the new Maybelline Lip Polish? Which is your favorite? Do share in the comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...